PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retire expat pilots, regulator warns; meeting tomorrow
Old 20th Nov 2009, 07:10
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monsieur Allouette trois,

Of course the [expat] pilots are there to earn a living. They are "professionals" where by defiinition they earn an income from their skills. Yes some/most do not like it all in India BUT they signed a contract in good faith and some are in need of that income. That does not mean they have to like the conditions imposed on them by agencies who do not care, corrupt officials where they work, standards well below internationally sanctioned levels, AND contracts that are breached nearly every day of the week. I feel very sorry for those who suffered at the hands of similar wrongs in The States and who MUST keep working. Others have the luxury to walk away and I understand that day is fast approaching.

No one denies that most, if not all are there purely for the pay cheque. That issue was mutually agreed to by both parties signing a contract. But, what THIS THREAD is all about is the desire to remove those with expertise and great experience with those with no experience and very, very, very little expertise (if any). That is the point here.

In many cases there are "selfless individuals" who take the time to discuss "little things" like the importance of V1 or Vmca with their 200 hr FO since they have no idea themsleves. They are not instructors by definition, are not paid to go out of their way as such but wish to impart knowledge and their experience purely for the love of flying AND to help others who were not offered the same level of instruction they ever were. In some small way they DO try to prevent the smoking hole in the ground. In my humble opinion their mere presence prevents this. (Just my opinion).

If you don't like it, leave. Very true. I did.

Also, I could.