PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retire expat pilots, regulator warns; meeting tomorrow
Old 20th Nov 2009, 05:18
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kapalmuks,
There are no Indians working on contract in the aviation industry in the US. They might be working on an H1 as computer techs and programmers but to be a pilot you have to be a green card holder and/or a naturalized citizen.Those very few who do make it to the airlines under those circumstances, do not get any preferential treatment (i.e. more pay and perks) and are certainly not living in a tax free world. So before you yell protectionism,get your facts straight.
I am not in favor of getting rid of the expats in India. Despite the thousands of "qualified" local pilots who are, supposedly, waiting in line,I believe it would be a mistake to abruptly send the expats home.But this tit for tat game gets old pretty quick.
Besides, from reading all the posts here on the subject, I am a little confused.The expats hate India and all the corruption and lack of safety etc. and yet don't want to leave??Seems like schizophrenia to me.Ahh yes, you are all truly selfless individuals who don't want to see "smoking holes" in the ground. That is why you want to stay and put up with crap so that you can "improve" the system. The fat paycheck, of course, is purely incidental.
Alt3.