PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth to invest in type rating?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 20:18
helldog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your right hammer. I used to get bitter about it, but I think I have just accepted it now. There will always be someone out there that can come in with £50 000 to burn and able to not earn for a year. I have always been anti paying for a type rating but facts are facts. There are guys sitting on a couch now with 0 hours that will be captains on a320s earning big bucks in 5 years, I will still be flying some busted @rse plane sticking to my guns.

I was just messing with my last post. My answer to the chap asking the question is this; Paying for a type rating is lick gambling, play only what you can afford to lose. If you can afford to just throw the money away, do it, do it now. If you are going to gamble your family home just to do it, dont do it. If your rich, go to eaglejet. Pay £50 000 to do a TR on the A320 and 500 hours line flying. I see on another thread that guys are having to wait for up to 4 months for the line flying part. If your stupidly rich......try out bidding them....offer eaglejet another £10 000 to jump the que. If they say nup try offering them £20 000. I am telling you, the way the industry is going, this is not an unrealistic scenario in the very near future.