PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 13:06
jpthomas72

BA are consistently at 150 GBP mark, LH at 100 GBP mark
Sorry, I meant one-way, what I normally need. I think LH still has a system of not really thinking of one-way, they offer the 100 GBP return, but one-way is not much less (formerly, it was unaffordable, and on non-UK routes mostly still is). There BA is cheaper, also if you go quite short-notice, from FRA and TXL. Maybe you were also on the LH's now cancelled TXL-LCY, which was unusually cheap.
Some of those have been moved to LHR, or if already served from LHR, increased in frequency.
Sure, but what I wanted to point out is that they gradually leave LGW and its catchment area to EZY - Kent, Sussex, Surrey and such, not the poorest parts of Britain.
Tendency seems to be that routes that get axed at LGW move to LCY.
Hmm, yes, but it that so viable ? Per-seat costs must be higher with a E190 instead of a B737, also LCY terminal capacity isn't unlimited, and it has restrictions for weekends. As for e.g. KRK and WAW, the catchment area of LCY indeed includes the Polish expat community in Stratford, but they can nearly as easily go to STN for FR, oddly even the expats around Ealing use STN or LTN. But sure, I wish them luck, LCY is a great little airport.
I'd have thought there's no room in T5 for Iberia flights.
I hope then BA does most of the LHR flights to Spain, as connecting at T5 is a real advantage now without the terminal change. One should tell esp. the Germans: Wake-up, people, Heathrow (at least with BA) isn't a hellhole anymore. I sometimes wonder why FRA with its long walks, lots of construction and frequent delays is said to be so much better.