PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will the UK's CAA close?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2009, 11:43
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is that many people are not very objective about the CAA, as you can see from the pure vitreol in this thread.

And who can blame them? For the early part of their career, for most Pilots the CAA is the enemy. It takes your money, makes you jump through lots of hoops and can fail you. Its really not surprising that by the end of the licensing process many freshly minted pilots have an almost Pathological hatred of anything to do with the CAA.

I was one of them. It took years - literally - before I could drive past the belgrano without sticking one finger out of the window.

But I did grow up eventually. Over more recent years I've had the need to liase with the CAA in various capacities. Are they perfect? No of course not, but there's some pretty good people working for them and you can get an excellent service in many areas.

Trouble is, many folks don't need to have anything to do with the CAA once they get past license issue, so their original mindset becomes cemented in place. My advice? Get over it.

pb