PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 18th Nov 2009, 23:07
ArthurScargill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening All,

I feel compelled to make my first post. I've been lurking a while and in recent days have been boosted by the responses from actual crew on this thread.
I work on the ground and we have had many new working practices 'imposed' on us in the last year. Basically my working hours have increased as a result by about 10-20% for no extra money and i won't be getting a pay rise next year either.
Compared to my friends (outside of BA) i actually feel quite lucky and bizarely enough new doors and oppurtunities have openned as a result of the squeeze.

I'm glad reality seems to have kicked in and crew appear to be reacting (finally) to the draconian and unrealistic propaganda spouted by the unions.
They've let you down badly. Not because they don't support you but mainly because they have their own interests at heart and i'd have to question exactly what these are.

When you look at the ballot form, the only question you need to ask yourself is:
'Do i want to work for BA post 21st Dec ?'

Its 2009 guys and the option of working for BA whilst maintaining existing salary and T&Cs isn't on the table.

I'm not saying i agree with New Fleet or any of the other new working practices but don't fall in to the trap of being so conceited you think your the only department affected and/or are irreplaceable.

Having said that, i sincerely feel for you having to make that decision whilst working in a very confined/pressurised/close knit ommunity at the moment.

Yours,
Arthur.