PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass Sit-In BA Engineers at LGW 14/06/02
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2002, 16:07
Secret Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, OK,

As mainfrog says, maybe I could have worded it a little different. I didn't mean to suggest that ALL the LCA's travelling public are pondlife. As for the tenuous connection between that and that I think BA's customers are pondlife, well you'll have to explain that one to me, I'm sorry.

In anticipation of your - I'm sure - very detailed explanation of how you came to the conclusion that 2 + 2 = 5, I take every care to ensure that customers recieve the best service I am able to offer. All I ask is that they be polite and if they have a genuine grievance, I will go out of my way to make it as painless as possible - if it is within my power!

If they are stroppy and offensive to me or my crew then they will initially get the benefit of the doubt as we have to draw on our own experiences. If after a few moments they can't see the futility of aggression then they get nothing from me. It's as simple as that. I have to cope with enough stress during a working day without pandering to 'pondlife'.

I think you'll agree that most of us (with the exception of the eternally patient - which I am not: I do not suffer fools gladly and in turn I try not to be one either) act in a similar manner. These, and other reasons are why I choose a) not to work the other side of the cockpit door, and b) to work for a scheduled airline. In all fairness, however, the latter is more luck than judgement but I am grateful nonetheless.

Back to engineers:

It ould be nice if just once, mismanagement realised the worth of morale, wouldn't it?

Last edited by Secret Squirrel; 19th Jun 2002 at 16:34.