PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK -Sharm El Sheik Ops
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2009, 18:50
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banzai Eagle
BA would never use such a variation, industrial agreements would get in the way. Even Athens they night stop. Many years ago I went LHR-BGI on Concorde the crew got off and stayed their a week. Had a charter airline operated concorde they would have gone round trip for such (about 4 hrs each way)
Banzai Eagle,

Am I speaking a different language? I have just spent 10 minutes, painstakingly trying to explain why I think this route is presently, (please note the "presently"), a layover. Or do you prefer to ignore the posts that don't fit in with your apparent predudices concerning BA crew. This is a LGW route. Once again, we do not have the same agreements that are seen at LHR!

It's a shame as the original question was a valid and good question, which is why I tried my best to put my theories forward. As important as all of us crew like to think we are, schedules do not just revolve around us! Anyone remember the horrific Malta, Pathos, Ibiza and Palma slots when we first started operating the routes? Horrible for us and even worse for our passengers. 4 hrs on the ground and taking off for the return sector at silly o'clock. It was because they were the only slots we could get! As said, I would guess the same thing applies here, which is why the aircraft is on the ground for 5 hrs.

Oh, what's the point? Lets just change the thread title to "I Hate BA Crew!"