PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Nov 2009, 08:14
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFC, once again you show a fantastic 'Lord Mellchet' attitude towards the facts staring you in the face. I am impressed!

BASSA have 'won' their day in court? How does that line get out? I could take my neighbor to court because I don't like the shape of their trees. Not sensible but, in a democracy, it is my right to complain. Quite how many seconds it would take the Judge to harangue me for wasting the courts time is another thing! So, BASSA have won nothing by getting their case to court, they lost the injunction and now the courts will decide on the whole case with a bit more planning. I hope BASSA get a good QC because I know BA have one!

'BA are running scared'. Another gem! Anyone who has been in BA for more than 5 minutes knows that BASSA shouts 'Strike' the second anything comes remotely near to threatening the over paid part time CSD's at LHR who run BASSA. Why do you think that BA management have NOT expected this action since embarking on the concept of project Columbus? They know exactly what BASSA will do and are contriving to ensure that BASSA if not Unite will bear the brunt of exorbitant costs making them powerless for years. BA are not running scared if anything there is almost an air of apathy about a strike, 'oh well another CC strike, yawn'.

'Look at Iberia, give us their market rate plus 10%'. Yep, let's take a close look at how Iberia are cutting costs. Why are the Iberia CC striking? Well, it could be close to home as Iberia are shutting down their regional and short haul airlines. Closing down the AOC and re-introducing the whole concept as a totally new airline with a new AOC. So, how does this affect the crews? Well, as in Alitalia, a change of company and AOC means nullification of existing contracts and sending all employees home. That means sacking ALL employees and only re-employing those they wish to have back on the 'new' contract. Sound familiar? It is a step BA haven't yet taken. Before anyone starts bleating that 'at least that will affect those in the front' SELPA have already negotiated identical contracts as the previous contracts for the flight crew. This is the advantage of negotiation.

So, enjoy your Ballot. It is a dangerous step you are taking to protect those who have sat at the top for so many years and are quite prepared to sacrifice the masses and walk away without a backwards glance.