PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 17th Nov 2009, 07:06
finncapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fincastle

I think you need, like BA, to sit on your hands and see what happens, I know it's hard.

There is no promise of a strike and until the votes have been counted I suggest you just wait.

If history repeats itself there is no guarantee that there will be a strike even if there is a substantial yes vote.

Voting yes is a lot different to going on strike.

Of course WW could close the airline down but that is one option of many.

He could sack the first strikers, as others have pointed out, and let them fight unfair dismissal in the courts.

I believe he is too canny for either of these options and has his own powder up his sleeve.

If WW does nothing, what are BASSA going to do?

Talk to him?

As your booking is with BA, I feel that were there to be any significant disruption they would do their best to find alternative ways of getting you to your destination.

That is why you have booked with a full service airline rather than one of the low cost alternatives.

Finnair pilots are currently on strike and the only passengers suffering serious disruption are those on the thin long distance domestic services that do not make a profit.

The low cost operators do not want to run services on these routes even when Finnair is on strike.

Charter passengers are not affected and international passengers are being rebooked on other airlines.