PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass Sit-In BA Engineers at LGW 14/06/02
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2002, 09:07
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secret Squirrel

As someone 'in the business' but who does not work for an airline:

No question about it, give me a well maintained a/c, looked after by a properly rested and motivated engineer any time please. Hope the engineers can get things sorted out soon.

BUT, BUT, BUT
BA staff cannot expect support or understanding from their customers with an attitude like yours.
If you are getting upset at anti-BA sentiments then don't call us pondlife if we use another carrier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should the public, sorry, great unwashed to you, have any sympathy at all with BA staff (the public usually fails to differentiate between pilots, engineers or whatever), if that is how you think of us? Actually been on several low cost flights recently and they're not bad. STN is a dream compared to LHR and e.g. the Ryanair coach available in Venice was cheap and convenient.

If that is how 'non-management' in BA views its customers, is it any wonder that there is little public support for the staff, even when there is a genuine problem, such as LGW engineering.

No good blaming BA management alone for all the airlines woes with an attitude like that mate.

"Yet another chance to have a go at BA; how boring. BA, believe it or not, are in a much stronger position than you think so let's stop all this BA bashing nonsense. Yeah sure, the low costers are doing well and good luck to them but their true colours are beginning to tell amoungst the travelling public and most of my flights are generally full with a healthy proportion of business travellers. So where do these figures come from for the low costers?; I'll tell you, in the main it's a cross section of the undisirable public, the pondlife who have been duped into thinking that it's cheaper to fly low cost only to find later that a similar trip on a BA/BM/other non UK national carrier would not only get them to their desired destination (as opposed to 1 1/2 hours drive away from where they actually want to get to) but that the flight wouldn't have to be met by the police."