PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan Airways /+/-/?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2009, 00:11
snk596

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Payment in China????

One bad person's experience with an agency becomes everyone's RULE.
Then READ BELOW!

Old 4th November 2009, 04:59 #82 (permalink)
fly_fly
Probationary PPRuNer

Thumbs down wasinc - stay away from them
do your homework before considering wasinc.
they are good on the phone and good at getting you to sign up but then leave you stranded and don't follow through. then they don't return phone calls or emails. they still owe me over $10,000 from the end of a contract. airline paid them, they kept the money. do your research, I'm not the only one. this is not I've heard or somebody told me, this is first hand experience and has happened to some other guys I know.
stay away from wasinc.

This is right out of the horses mouth. I have heard loads of things about China. If you have US dollars in your account saved, you have a hard time taken it out of China. Airlines in China have penalties for any misdemeanor, etc.
I have just joined PPRUNE but I have been reading a lot of this for very long time. But I have heard from friends that some guys went over to Hainan for interview and they were put up in an apartment building. Not even a hotel. This is HNA group, subsidary we are talking about. They had such a dissappointment, they never expected to be eating in a canteen. Thats what the airlines offered take it or leave it. No one spoke any English. This is recent sometime in September 2009.
They met other pilots who were working there said pay was below standard and were thinking about leaving to Korea. I myself was surprised because I heard good things but even the simulator evaluation was tough with multiple failures. Single engine plus dual RA failure plus Hydraulic failure and direct law altogether with cross wind.

What do those guys want acrobats?

I am also looking for a position but considering Korea or Vietnam, even Air Asia would be better. I called Macau Express, they seem to be interested in f.o and Capt.
Hey JotaJota! Looks like you are working for a perfect airline or getting paid highly. Which airline is that I would like to know so I can apply too. But reading this,I don't know man.gl