PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Nov 2009, 14:40
Fume Event

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know. Most of the posters here are plotting BASSA's downfall, yet I see BA has been unable to stop our ballot, unlike another association I could think of. Picked the wrong battle there lads. Should have kept your powder dry for the main event next year.

If Walsh wanted to close BA down for a week, do Carnage and others here seriously believe that he will not deal with you at the same time? Most at risk are pensions. It is unbelievable that Walsh has not tackled the deficit already, but there is one group of employees he wants to keep onside.....for the moment. Next year the final salary scheme will be closed and even accrued benefits will be changed to the money purchase BARP. Yes the legislation is going to be changed to help companies with large pension deficits out. That is the thanks you are going to get for your co-operation. And a four year no strike deal as well as the icing on the cake, so you can't do anything about it. What a stitch up.

If Carnage, Top Bunk, Overstress and all have any sense, they should all be hoping that the mainly female workforce in cabin crew are successful. Otherwise you may have a Spanish co-pilot sitting next to you earning 30% more, and a pension worth 50% less, even if the stock market is doing well.