PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 15th Nov 2009, 11:39
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Weather Map
In the eighties Cabin Crew operated with a compliment of three crew after breakfast and before the hot meal service in the evening on all domestic routes ABZ/NCL/JER and also DUB .NOT shuttle though .

This was on the BAC 1-11 99 Pax and B 737 (200) 114 Pax eventually the config went down to 106 on the 737 .The 319 may have a slightly bigger config however the meal service was more involved back then a cold tray drinks from the bar and tea or coffee.Crew managed to deliver this no problem .What's the problem opearting with three in this current climate especially as the service is not so involved now,i think you'll find you can serve the last few rows no problem. The reason you run out of time "NOW" is normally down to bad management of the service.I positioned from NCL once and the crew run out of time and we had to overshoot .However they stood about chatting for quite some time after take off when they should have been out in the cabin and cracking on with the service
Hi Weather Map,

I joined BA in 1984 and operated on the BAC-11 and 737s out of LHR. As you rightly mention in your above post, we did a more elaborate service with 3 crew on the BAC-11 and 4 on the 737 just to correct Jean-Lill. However he/she is right is about the service routine on the Jersey flights which was also the case for the Dublin, Cork and Shannon flights. All European flights were as Jean-Lill says with a full tray in Club and a half tray in Economy plus Duty Frees.
I agree that it's a badly organised service and lack of teamwork all round which can result in an unfinished service.

The new crew matrix is not a problem, bring it on, I like a challenge. In any case, I prefer to be busy. Isn't that what we get paid for anyway? I did it then in 1984 and I can do it now and I'll always do my best to make it work on the day. If I was a passenger, that's what I'd expect from the crew. Anything less would be a poor reflection of myself as a SCCM and BA.

Ps Ottergirl, your post is spot on!