PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Slats > 3 reference ???
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2009, 05:54
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The original question was about the table.
Yes, maybe I am making it too complex. As I said this is a very interesting subject and I am glad we have this thread so I will learn about it.

Let me recap and correct me if I am wrong, please.

The QRH italics say that displayed VFE and VFE Next are those corresponding to the flap lever position, therefore not to the actual flaps/slats. During approach this is quite good beause both VFE and VFE Next in the PFD will coincide in most cases with actual ones (except VFE next in the case I mentioned above, if you agree). (And also except VFE in the same case, the flap jam occurring before slats 18º, in which case VFE would be 215 kt instead of the displayed 200 kt).

After carrying out the procedure by setting VFE next -5 kt and then moving the flaps lever one step untill reaching lever at CONF 3 the displayed VFE will be the actual VFE (except in those cases, where VFE will be 200 kt instead of the displayed 185 kt).

In case of a Go Around to remain in the circuit (or to divert when flaps jammed > 0) according to the paper procedure we will maintain configuration ("Go around" instead of "Go around, flaps") and select VFE-10 kt. The displayed VFE applies except in the mentioned case.

Should we clean for a diversion we will do it between VFE - 10kt and VFE. From Lever at CONF 3 to CONF 1 the displayed VFE applies (except in those cases). Then, from CONF 1 to 0 we have to calculate what the VFE will be, since the displayed one will not necessarily be the actual one. There are 2 cases for cleaning:
- flaps jammed at zero: VFE will be 230 kt instead of the displayed 215 kt. So when passing 220 kt select flaps 0.
- slats jammed: VFE will be 177, 200 or 215 depending on where the slats jammed. So when passing 167, 190 or 205 kt respectively select flaps 0.

Argh!
The more I look at it, the less simple the slats/flaps jammed seems to me.

Last edited by Microburst2002; 15th Nov 2009 at 09:32. Reason: to ammend a badly written thing, as pointed out by Aristoclis