PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retire expat pilots, regulator warns; meeting tomorrow
Old 15th Nov 2009, 00:39
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Said Captain

On the flight deck for hours on end with a senior AI cmdr who would not talk to me due my race, skin color and heritage.
If you don't mind, exactly how did you reach the determination that the AI commander is not talking to you because of your race-skin-heritage? Is there even a remote possibility of there being other reasons?
I am not mentioning that none of Indians show racism, they show both xenophilia and xenophobia.

The multiple woes at AI blamed on the foreigners where the root cause is rampant corruption, raw incompetance, unaccountability and pure arrogance.

RACISM is screamed from the highest mounutains of India yet people are murdered for their caste. Imagine if an Indian married a "damn foreigner" or another person from a different caste?! Her own brother(s) or father would poor(sic) acid on her face for the shame bought to the family.
This time, you forgot to tell about the rope trick, snake charmer and the elephants. Adding these could have made your description of Indian culture quiet comprehensive.

Now get rid of the foreigners who bring a level of professionalism and expertise to a pitiful and decaying airline. All to be seen to "save face" and hire school children struggling to decifer the inbound radial let alone unable to fly straight and level on a downwind circuit with AP, AT and FD's off. Same with far too many cmdrs.
You are talking as if professionalism some sort of head-lice. Bring in more expats and the locals will contract enough of professionalism from them. Naresh Goyal should be warned not to hire bald expats.

You want rampant racism? Go to India.
I agree here, we just call it with different names. casteism, communalism, regionalism... gosh there are so many of them.

Yep, as ATPMBA stated, kick out the many 1000's of Indians taking jobs in America. Kick out the Indian taxi drivers in Australia & NZ, kick out the Indian doctors in the UK.... Give jobs to the local nationals instead!! What's good for one is good for the other. But, the Indians will start marching again and throwing about that dispicable term RACISM. Cheap.

Of course its racism. There is no other word.

These moves in Indian aviation will culminate in a crater in the ground. Mark my words. An arrogant autocratic and abusive Cmdr with a 175 hr subservant FO in bad weather and perhaps an onbaord failure or poor weather?

Everyone knows what is going on but no one will do anything. I hope and pray that my predictions do not come true. If it does, I'll bet you'll find a way to blame the foreigners for it
And how exactly did you help, while you had an opportunity? Praying is easy. Resigning, easier still.

If you really have a point to put across try to be a bit less acerbic. The way you harp on to 175-200 seems like you have lost it. I bet you have never flown with any FO with just 175 hrs in India. At the same time I am sure you must have evaluated sufficient number of FO and captain who don't meet the bill.

The first cut reaction after reading that vitriol from otherwise sensible person is somewhat like "Do you need any assistance, Sir?"

Try, just try to be a little nicer.

Last edited by jimmygill; 15th Nov 2009 at 01:11.