PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUNDEE
Thread: DUNDEE
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2009, 18:25
the_fish@blueyonder.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I notied the car park charges mentioned in the Dundee paper, I doubt it'll have too much of an impact if I'm being honest. The car park is quite small and doesn't seem to ever be too busy whenever I've gone past the airport. This wont affect most passengers who seem to arrive/depart by Taxi anyway, which from the city centre and even the areas around Dundee doesn't cost too much anyway as I don't believe there is a surcharge for airport runs. I've even seen people walking to/from the airport during the warmer months.

National Express or Strathtay should operate a bus service which either calls regularly at the airport or at least is timed to meet with arriving/departing flights. In the future as well, should the airport grow to require the demand they could easilly build a small train station opposite the terminal, it would be on the main Aberdeen-Dundee-Stirling-Perth-Glasgow line so could prove useful.

Did anything ever come of the KLM proposal of an AMS route? I remember they had a survey out a while back.