PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Nov 2009, 16:27
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By the way, for those on the BASSA Forum who say (can you tell I'm getting real frustrated with the rubbish that is spouted there?)

"the pilots are our colleagues and if they stuck by us during our times of difficulty then in the long run it could make their lives an awful lot smoother"

Two things.

1. I believe they ARE sticking by us and most are just incredibly frustrated as they believe they see where all this is heading - a spectacular failure for BASSA with the "cost" of threatened strike action added to OUR cost-savings. i.e THEIR friends and partners stuck with even worse T & C's than BA ever proposed - due entirely to the juvenile approach of the mighty BASSA.

2. They CAN'T "stick by us" by taking any industrial because they are in a different job role and with a different union. Any action would be deemed secondary action and would result in them losing their jobs. Would YOU honestly strike for them? No? Well then why expect them to strike for us?