PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 14th Nov 2009, 14:44
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fume Event & CFC

Just so you can't say you weren't warned. The vast majority of crew I speak to say that even if they vote YES to a strike (many of them will) they will not actually strike on the day. The prospect of losing pay and ultimately, their very livelihood, will prevent them actually striking.

So, if by some miracle BA don't hamstring BASSA in the courts before Day 1 of the strike, you WILL find that 20-strong picket line a very lonely and cold place.

I'll bet my house that my prediction (BA beating BASSA in the courts, damp squib of a strike or Unite reigning BASSA in AGAIN) will be closer to the mark than your expectations.

The stakes are high. If Willie backs down then BA lose every effort they've made with every other staff group to save money. The pilot's deal rests on our cost-savings. So there's IFCE's £127m and Flight Ops' £39m at stake if he loses.

BA can't wait to get rid of the militants who post some of the most disgraceful and frankly, dangerous (e.g poisoning pilots) opinions. I hope they get rid of them too, as I'm ashamed to be associated with these people.