PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA FI freelance scope in the USA? Possible?
Old 13th Nov 2009, 08:38
belowradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity

I know that you are correct in what you say from a regulation and legal perspective....however I also know that there are FAA instructors and Examiners out there working in Europe/UK who do not interpret the rules as scrupulously as you do.

As you say with the end of JAR much of the regulation is obselete.

Seems to me that the problem rests with our own regulatory pwers to be in that they seem determined to allow us to do sod all without lots of red tape and money changing hands whereas other countries help their instructors and examiners to earn a living without being hassled and tied up in red tape and over bloated fees.

Bit of a joke when many clients ask "Are you an FAA instructor ?" "No I am a bloody UK instructor and we are in the UK".

Many pilots go FAA route as it is faster and less costly, this is a very sad inditement on the state of the European regulators especially UK who allow this nonsense situation to continue. They should wake up and revise the current regs and start enabling their own citizens to fly safely with the help of their own countries instructors and training organisations.

Rant over - feel much better now !