PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is happy at ANY ME airline, post here
Old 13th Nov 2009, 01:33
kempilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mensaboy and schibulsky

I hear you loud and clear. I have visited Dubai twice, Ahu Dhabi once. EYES WIDE OPEN! Guys I am 48 years old, born and raised in a third world country before moving to the US at 24 years old. I know crap when I see it.

When I ask the question about being happy, I am asking about work, not personal happiness. Just making that clear. My job sucks to high heaven right now, losing $2k per month come January, facing possible move back to the right seat, but guess what, once I reach home to my wife and son then life is good.

I enjoy lots of things, motorcycles, cars fishing, you name it. The unfortunate thing is that I am only home 3 days per week. I commute 1900 miles one way to work once per week for a 4 day trip. I have to go in many weeks on my last day off so as to report at 0545 or 0600 the next day. Not much frequency to my base.

I only work because I need money just like the rest of you. I am a bum at heart LOL. The love affair with airplanes went away for me many years ago. Got my ATPL in 1986. I FLY ONLY FOR MONEY. almost 19k flight hours.

I know how to do many other things, this is by far the easiest job I have ever done. Tiring sometimes...... yes I am used to the backside of the clock, know it very well.

No offence guys.
Thanks