PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is happy at ANY ME airline, post here
Old 12th Nov 2009, 22:31
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because I bitch about the insane practices of this airline, does not mean I am an unhappy person. I am happy. True.......... the lunatics in charge of the asylum here are truly the worst imaginable managers on the planet, but there are still some good things about Emirates for example. Honesty or intelligence is not their forte though, haha

Get out and go kite-surfing, or spend and afternoon of amusement at the Mall of the Emirates..... seriously...... after you watch most other people in action in this city, you HAVE to go home smiling. (or cursing, depending on your POV)

What I worry about the most, are some people who are obviously in denial about things here. It's almost as if........ they are trying to convince themselves that they have made a wise choice to bring their wife and kids to this ****ehole. I can sympathize with them, because that is my story too, but at the bare minimum, I am realistic.

Living in bliss and in denial works for a while, but I do fear for some of my pals because things are not so good on the home front and they don't even see it yet. It worries me alot actuall, because they are good people in general.

When the false glitz and glamor finally shows its true worth, then most people long for their days back home. I wish it did not bother me so much, because I enjoy my life here, but I cannot get past the fact that many people are living in denial.

Imagine bringing your loving wife and 2 kids to a place that has no laws with respect to decency, and then add into the equation that most drivers seem to want to kill you on each and every day, plus the fact that this place truly is a disgusting environment....... but since you made the move, you are basically stuck here for the duration. No wonder this place attracts the most self-centered, drama queens, of any city in the world.

You either adjust and take advantage of the good things (ie,the wife and kids are seemingly happy, and you get to go golfing occasionally) but in truth, this place is one of the worst places to raise a family.

Xenophobia is rampant. Lies, misrepresentation of the truth, homophobia, duplicity, outright propaganda, are the norm here. You have to admit those facts to be true, otherwise your kids are going to grow up, messed up ! Throw in a maid who doddles over your family for a few hundred bucks a years, and people wonder why their kids grow up being self-centered?

This 'paradise' for some, will result in a sad ending for them and their kids in some cases. I have to withhold my beliefs when chatting with most families I know, even considering I am happy here. They don't seem to see the writing on the wall with respect to their kid's health (something quite often overlooked here). Their kids normal progression towards adulthood is not normal in Dubai.

Sadly....... the underlying stress and sadness of many wives here does not become evident until they decide to LEAVE !

I got lucky. No question about that, but I am the first to admit this place is NOT conducive to a normal family life. I shake my head each and every day listening to some people justify their existence here, even though the signs of the decay of their family is so evident. I worry for these decent people, but then again, they should be realistic about this cesspool.

Darn it all, I love my job. I enjoy going to work each day/night/afternoon or morning with a smile on my face, yet I am the first to admit this company is raping us. I don't even get bothered about the duplicity and lies of this country anymore. I figure I"m here to do a job and make some cash, so what do I care if they are a bunch of hypocrits and liars!

This place will meet its destiny in short order and I am hope we are gone before that happens.

Happy? damn, what does that mean? I am happy because I don't worry about job security (other than the occasional 'firings' of pilots for no reason), I make acceptable money, I don't go to work when I am fatigued ( about once every 2 months now) and I take enough fuel considering all aspects of a given flight. Screw our pathetic managers is my point of view. I (WE) are the pilots and they have no CLUE, so drag me into the office if you wish.

Respect for Dubai and Emirates??? pretty much non-existent here. Sorry to burst your bubble if you want to come here. But then again, if you are tolerant, can put up with insanity on a daily basis, and figure you might get some good experience flying wide-body jets to every imaginable destination on the planet, then good for you. You might end up happy too!