PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retire expat pilots, regulator warns; meeting tomorrow
Old 12th Nov 2009, 14:41
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK...Here we go again. One at a time....

Apache:
Where did the "illusion of grandeur" come from? What comment did I make of myself other than I could not tolerate the practices at AI so left? Yes, you may have 33 Crore Gods, try praying to them the next time a girl has acid thrown on her face or a man is killed, or a child is thrown on a fire all due to their CASTE. All facts as reported in your newspapers. Please also read my post again before makinig such dispicable claims that I want to see lives lost. You sick, sick inidividual. I PRAY it doesn't happen but my tertiary qualifications in CRM and previous experience can see those Swiss cheese slices lining up. So could you if you could remove your head from the sand. I suggest the 4000 CPL holders go and look for a job flying ANYTHING! I met enough parents and actual CPL holders themselves who deem a C210 let alone an ATR "below" them. Props?! They DEMAND a B777 straight away, and it happened. Do your research before you try to rebut anything I've written.

FLYJET787:
No, you are not fine. You should ALWAYS seek and hire the best you can find to provide the optimum safety you can achieve. Be that from in house training or hiring from outside. No, those arrogant, autocratic Cmdrs are still there in their droves. They believe since I was treated such a way it is my right to do the same. Please DO NOT tell me that an FO feels comfortable to correct his/her Cmdr without fear of being abused. It happened when i was there and I know it still goes on from sources still working there. Yes SIN, CX, BA, EY, QF, etc, etc all have cadetships. BUT! They offer stringent, precise and demanding training. Those who do not make the grade are cut, and rightly so. I was personally pressured to pass so many pilots that COULD not have passed that I left. Colleagues tell me of FOs unable to fly a raw data ILS, let along follow the idiot bars (FD's). I witnessed first hand an FO unable to maintain +/- 400 ft on downwind doing ccts in AHM. The result of her assesment by the HEAD OF 777 TRAINING?? - "SATISFACTORY". When I quizzed him he told me "We cannot afford to have FO's on the ground and give extra training. We need them online." I received an email from a VERY senior AI (Indian) TRE a few months ago whom I stay in regular contact with. He was offered a bribe to pass a Cmdr whom he had to fail. The result? The TRE was called into the office to explain himself! The failed Cmdr was given a DXB shuttle and of course, "SATISFACTRY". The TRE was given a wrap over the knuckles!!! So, those are FACTS!
No, all these things DO NOT happen all over the world as rampnat as they do at AI. An FO at DECENT airlines is taught to speak up and the Capt has the humility and CRM skills to listen to the FO. NOT SO AT AI! Saying "it is what it is" makes me question: Are you part of the problem or part of the cure?

Gents, don't worry. With AI trying to cut expat salaries by 20% they'll all walk if it happens and you'll retain your God-like status as Kings of the Sky, answerable to no-one but your own self serving arrogance and head in the sand mentality.

Why were there moves by the FAA and ICAO to relegate AI to ICAO Cat 2? I suppose "it is what it is" and you can cry foul? No, AI earnt it and EVERY pilot there, expat or other who permits the dispicable conditions to remain is part of the cause.

Yep, get rid of the expats and replace expertise and experience with children. SMART! Real SMART!

Not going to reply to any other posts denying the facts as written. Just can't be bothered!!! A waste of my time. Do your own research before refuting ANY of them.