PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retire expat pilots, regulator warns; meeting tomorrow
Old 12th Nov 2009, 09:39
flyjet787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@TopTup

These moves in Indian aviation will culminate in a crater in the ground. Mark my words. An arrogant autocratic and abusive Cmdr with a 175 hr subservant FO in bad weather and perhaps an onbaord failure or poor weather?
Thanks for your concern. But I guess we are fine. We hav'nt had american or british pilots flying our aircrafts forever. We lasted for decades without your services. And I don't know when you last flew in India but things are changing. What you would refer to as "arrogant autocratic and abusive Cmdrs" (mostly AI and IC cmdrs) are all set to retire in the next couple of years and the new cmdrs/capts are far better than them.

175-200 hr CPL pilot in the RHS of a 777 or 747 where they cannot land the aircraft, legally or otherwise.
Its not done just in India it happens in airlines all over the world. Singapore airlines, Etihad and BA are some I can recall. They hire their cadets with zero hours send them to a flight school and then they get a type rating on a wide body and start flying as FO's. I don't see what you are complaning about.

And most of the things you have mentioned in your post happen all over the world. I can't imagine what a perfect world you are living in. You will have sloppy, arrogant, good for nothing cmdrs in most airlines around the world.
And change takes time. Its not going to happen overnight.
And btw what you have faced in India we Indians face the same when we come to your country because of the cultural differences. I am not saying that it is a good thing but then thats how it is.