PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retire expat pilots, regulator warns; meeting tomorrow
Old 12th Nov 2009, 01:18
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypocrits

Not long ago in the UK foreign doctors (a lot of Indians) were having their visa refused or not renewed. The Bristish government had an oversupply of British doctors graduating from university and no jobs to go to. In India there was a cry of RACISM. There were marches in the streets, reports throughout the Indian papers... "We Indians brinig a level of professionalism to the British Medical System that they do not have! They need us. We have experience, these graduating college students do not" was the common theme!

When I worked in India I was referred to as "you damn foreigner" & given the rosters that the arrogant Indian cmdrs refused. Many, many, many attempts were made for me to pass pilots in sim checks and line checks even though they could not land the airplane, had zero CRM or upheld basic SOPs. (So I resigned).

175-200 hr CPL pilot in the RHS of a 777 or 747 where they cannot land the aircraft, legally or otherwise.

On the flight deck for hours on end with a senior AI cmdr who would not talk to me due my race, skin color and heritage.

The multiple woes at AI blamed on the foreigners where the root cause is rampant corruption, raw incompetance, unaccountability and pure arrogance.

RACISM is screamed from the highest mounutains of India yet people are murdered for their caste. Imagine if an Indian married a "damn foreigner" or another person from a different caste?! Her own brother(s) or father would poor acid on her face for the shame bought to the family.

Now get rid of the foreigners who bring a level of professionalism and expertise to a pitiful and decaying airline. All to be seen to "save face" and hire school children struggling to decifer the inbound radial let alone unable to fly straight and level on a downwind circuit with AP, AT and FD's off. Same with far too many cmdrs.

Replace the foreign TREs/TRIs with national pilots given the role not for the skill in teaching or ability but due seniority alone. Even if they can't land a raw data ILS with AP, AT and FD's off in 25 kt crosswind, give them their TRE/TRI staus anyway.

You want rampant racism? Go to India.

Yep, as ATPMBA stated, kick out the many 1000's of Indians taking jobs in America. Kick out the Indian taxi drivers in Australia & NZ, kick out the Indian doctors in the UK.... Give jobs to the local nationals instead!! What's good for one is good for the other. But, the Indians will start marching again and throwing about that dispicable term RACISM. Cheap.

These moves in Indian aviation will culminate in a crater in the ground. Mark my words. An arrogant autocratic and abusive Cmdr with a 175 hr subservant FO in bad weather and perhaps an onbaord failure or poor weather?

Everyone knows what is going on but no one will do anything. I hope and pray that my predictions do not come true. If it does, I'll bet you'll find a way to blame the foreigners for it.