PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Para Dropping & Pay in GA
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2009, 10:47
J.I.P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumpflying should be seen as a hobbie, not as work. However, you should get paid for it or the operator should pay for the classrating. At least at a commercial center if you work fulltime. However, the jumpflying itself is already rewarding enough if you fly a couple of hours purely as a hobby. And you learn alot of handflying in the process. Unusual attitudes is not very uncommon. Having guys hangin on your struts giving you the finger at 13000' and trying to follow you as you aim the nose to mother earth is priceless, especially when videotaped. You get to do a lot of cloudsurfing on the way down, beautifull views, fast short and high approaches.. You are really free as a meatbombdropper. But stay within the limits, as there have been a lot of twisted metal before you all.. And it is always the next guy who get killed because you are pulling the G's over and over again. And that is exactly why you should be paid as a pilot, so you have obligations to hang on to!

However, If I would win the lottery tomorrow, I'll be jumppilot as long as I could... for free....