PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA posts record loss
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2009, 20:53
teddybear44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Mr Average SLF

As an infrequent flyer (three / four times a year) and one who mainly flies for leisure and therefore foots the bill from my only slightly above average earnings in the S.E. England, I base my choice of carrier on the following:

1. Safety record
2. Convienent point of Departure
3. Service level on board
4. Availability of a reasonable fare

I am prepared to pay a reasonable preminum for safe and comfortable transportation of myself and my family from A to B based on my own perceptions of who can best satisfy my requirements. I prefer to choose a full service carrier as opposed to a low cost operator. I recently flew from LGW to CAG with my family and thoroughly enjoyed not only the BA flight but the airport experience in the North Terminal at LGW, where we had a nice family breakfast before we left. Crew were excellent.

There are more of us around than many think, on modest earnings who are capable of making informed choices and prioritising. Even now, with the prospect of IA on BA around winter, I have some idea of approx periods to avoid based on keeping up with current affairs. I might even pick up a bargain !

If the major legacy carriers (including BA) can keep it together and give the appearance of running smoothly with a decent product, then that will be where I put my dosh when travelling.

Sorry, but I still like to enjoy my day out flying and I want my kids to as well. I'll pay for the smiles !!

Ted

Last edited by teddybear44; 10th Nov 2009 at 21:04.