PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 10th Nov 2009, 12:52
Rob To Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Thought From a Passenger!

As a frequent BA flyer I have always been happy at the level of service I have received regardless of whether I have flown out of LHR or LGW.

As I am currently abroad working, my 15 colleagues and I are looking into our flights home for the Christmas break and with all the uncertainty surrounding the proposed strike action we have now decided that we have no option but to book with another airline. We have taken this decision based purely on the fact that we want to get home and see our families without the threat of disruption.

The way I see it though is that if 15 of us have taken this option, how many others have. The airline is in a bad state financially and if more and more pax opt for other airlines at this busy time of year surely this can only lead to another bad set of figures in Q3 and ultimately more job cuts.

Apologies for the intrusion into this discussion, but surely the majority of people on here can see the damage that just the threat of a strike is doing to your company, and the possible impact that it could have on your future employment status!