PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Batavia Air
Thread: Batavia Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2009, 00:59
GBV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBV have you got the proof of what you have stated? Because in my little experience, it's not entirely true. I would like to see proven evidence of what you are saying.
NTSC

Sorry GBV, you're dead wrong! we NEED expats flying here! However, I am just disturbed when someone who less than 3 months ago have little knowledge about Batavia, suddenly gets peeved off when someone complains about their conduct when dealing with someone else using the "I'm in, and you're not so therefore you're telling porky pies" tagline.
Well, the guy only said that nobody was waiting for license validations, he never said that Batavia was a perfect and happy place.

I have been trying to get some carriers to accept expats here, unfortunately it seems that for some those who are open to the idea, the mentality of a lot of the management is, "hey, they need the job, some have come to us desperate for work, so let's get ourselves a huge bargain," whilst some have adopted the "who cares if they can't really fly, they're foreign, they screw up, we'll just kick them out of the country and tell the DGAC "Damn Foreigners"" mentality. To me, that's extremely sad! Some carriers do need an injection of expats to change the "box mentality" aka "oh that's not how we do it in Indonesia, who cares if the rest of the world have stopped doing that 20 years ago" mentality.
An expat in the cockpit doesn't mean you are safe, ExpressAir just had a very bad experience. Do you agree?

Happy landings