PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Batavia Air
Thread: Batavia Air
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 22:06
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry GBV, you're dead wrong! we NEED expats flying here! However, I am just disturbed when someone who less than 3 months ago have little knowledge about Batavia, suddenly gets peeved off when someone complains about their conduct when dealing with someone else using the "I'm in, and you're not so therefore you're telling porky pies" tagline.

I have been trying to get some carriers to accept expats here, unfortunately it seems that for some those who are open to the idea, the mentality of a lot of the management is, "hey, they need the job, some have come to us desperate for work, so let's get ourselves a huge bargain," whilst some have adopted the "who cares if they can't really fly, they're foreign, they screw up, we'll just kick them out of the country and tell the DGAC "Damn Foreigners"" mentality. To me, that's extremely sad! Some carriers do need an injection of expats to change the "box mentality" aka "oh that's not how we do it in Indonesia, who cares if the rest of the world have stopped doing that 20 years ago" mentality.

4k USD for 100hrs is by mainline Indonesian carriers' jet standard is sorry to say, beginning to be short changed. Other carriers pay that for 80hrs...

Guys at Citilink and Indonesia Air Asia take home 50% more for 60 - 80 hrs, and above 80, they money kicks in and you'll end up double what Batavia's paying. UNFORTUNATELY, neither of the above take in expats at the moment, and I do hope that will change soon. Several other carriers here now offer 5-6K for captains on narrowbody jets.

U dun believe the 9K for 95H? Certain things have gone forward here... but yes, I didn't believe it until I saw the pay records of someone at one of the 2 carriers I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

I would rather fly for them than being in Europe during winter doing nothing.
This is why I said, it's up to each one to decide. I for one understand why, I just don't feel comfortable for not giving the heads up to someone to go to another country on the other side of the world without knowing what he/she faces. Beyond that, it ain't my business guv!

For those who want to come in here, make a good living, and contributes to the overall improvements of safety standards, have a beer at my place sometime (but you pay for the beer!) whichever airline you join or whichever airline and country come from! Why? Coz I want less "crashes in the archipelago happened due to pilots doing some stupid stuff."

However, for those who want to lie their way into Indonesia, go somewhere else! I heard DGAC caught 2 of them last month...