PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Nov 2009, 17:06
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you are playing fast and loose with their expectations
more assumptions deeceethree, I am not a member of Bassa nor have I said I support IR.
Sorry to hear that your pay has reduced during the last few years, why is that?
Because the IFCE management failed to make any provision for the reduction of the Boeing 757, 767 fleet (inspite of spending many man hours with various special projects people thinking about it) and the Union wasn't particularly bothered if the Eurofleet CSD's sat at home either! The current proposals will not impact on my salary but potentially the new fleet will. As the last Boeing a/c leaves the shorthaul network the remaining Eurofleet CSD's will be vulnerable and Bill Francis has said there will be no more transfers after this round.
If the monthly payment is negotiated effectively, how would you NOT be able to pay your mortgage, bills, with this deal?
Because the offered monthly payment is based on current earnings which are substantially lower than previous years.
a 2.6% paycut, a pay and increment freeze for 2 years, etc??
Compared to what we've already lost, 2.6% would be preferable. My P60 is likely to be around 10% less than last years.
minority of BASSA tub thumpers
All my previous post was designed to do was remind you that what you were discussing so flippantly was actually the lives of some quite ordinary people. Not flat cap militants, not tub thumpers but mostly just the girls and guys that you (hopefully) sit drinking in the bar with down-route. Mostly we care about our livelihoods, our company, our customers and actually don't care too much about delivering the service one down. Enough!