PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Nov 2009, 15:46
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back again Mr Perfect/Stall Pusher/Poof in Boots? I do have to hand it to you, you're nothing if not persistent in your attempts to describe night as day and black as white! In response:

1) I'm sure BASSA we're really going to the High Court in order to have their injunction rejected so as to provide a stronger strike mandate. Yep, thats the reason they spent a six figure sum on lawyers. Through your numerous alter egos you've made it quite clear that you don't think crew should listen to Pprune or public opinion, so it's heartening to see your union has spent so much money on an elaborate public relations strategy in which a High Court defeat is to be valued!

2) The public are already against you, as the numerous comments on the BBC/Telegraph/Sky News/Daily Mail websites show. I know you try to spam them all with pro-crew comments denying CSDs earn £70K but you can't stem the flood (even if you do think it's because they all have small equipment, were once turned down by cabin crew or have serious psychological issues). The strike is a great big hissy fit, and I notice more and more crew are questioning the value of a CSD and the impact of the changes, leaving the die-hards to shout them down with cries that they must resist imposition or it'll be the end of the union. One can't help but get the feeling that many of the moderates wish exactly that.

Far from having the worst of both worlds, Walsh is in a very happy place right now. He's seen off your injunction, he knows the court won't even talk about the new fleet and he knows that BASSA are trying to run a strike when 7000 crew have registered for part-time, promotion, transfers or VR and there is a sizeable element who simply don't want their christmas disrupted. As soon as he's sacked the 'leadership', and I use that term loosely, element of BASSA for their offensive behaviour towards another union rep you'll be a rudderless ship, drifting aimlessly towards aimless industrial action that will collapse in short order. Then BA will reward him with lots of shares and the City will reward him by pumping up that share price. A happy place indeed.