PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Nov 2009, 12:16
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl - I am exactly like you - I don't really give a hoot about BA or BASSA, my only objective in all of this is to keep paying the bills and to keep my job. The offer on the table for us is primarily one crew member off plus a monthly fixed payment. If the monthly payment is negotiated effectively, how would you NOT be able to pay your mortgage, bills, with this deal?

On the other hand a strike could spell disaster for BA which would mean we were all down the dole queue and then you definitely WOULD NOT be able to pay your bills. Even if BA do survive a strike, as stated before BA will ADD the cost of industrial action (millions I assume ) to the CC bill, so again we may not be able to pay the bills if we take a heavy hit.

Can I also ask how you were intending to pay your bills with the BASSA proposal - a 2.6% paycut, a pay and increment freeze for 2 years, etc??
If we both just want to continue supporting our families we have only one option to VOTE NO FOR INDUSTRIAL ACTION. Any other option WILL effect your bill paying capability, and therefore your family's livelihood. Are you really prepared for that?