PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C130J Hercules 10th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 11:31
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD - we were obviously all reeled by your fabulous fishing expedition nice one. That said, a simple admission that you didn't actually have any direct knowledge or experience of this subject would've been more impressive. Do please keep lobbing your thunderflashes into the lake though - we await your next haul. 35 years of flying is all well and good but if you are unable to accept informed opinion and actual experience then it’s all for naught and you must be, I'm afraid, just another dinosaur.

Kinda reminds you of some helicopters that can't be used too.
Can't be used? I missed that memo. Do elaborate. There are loads of the bloody things out here in Afghanistan from at least 5 different nations. Guess they should've checked with you first before sending them out. On the plus side though, if they “can’t be used” then I guess my crew and I get the night off tonight?

GK121 - the article is from 2005 or thereabouts. A google search will also throw up articles from 2005 from the head of AMC praising the Js operational 98.9% mission achievement rate, the effectiveness of the KC130J, WC130J & EC130J, large J orders for the USAF and plans for the MC130J, HC130J and AC130J. Dung indeed.

Ladies, I'm not "biting", being "reeled in" nor am I abusing my teddy (all good, solid internet staples from those unable to accept their own errors or failings). I just find myself, once again, defending an aircraft that I know quite a lot about from people that know absolutely nothing about it. If certain corners of the MoD & the RAF had been able to see the aircraft for what it is (although to be fair, they were wilfully misled at times by agenda carrying “senior” officers) then we’d be a lot further down the line to delivering an even better service to the troops on the ground, which ultimately is what we’re here for.

PS. Trim guards? A classic piece of mongery. Akin to restricting the use of the control column as it has the potential to damage the aircraft if misused