PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Batavia Air
Thread: Batavia Air
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2009, 03:17
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, for those wanting to join Batavia, there is one good news... CFM56 is absolutely correct, you do need to work DAMN HARD to get fired!!!! Heck, even stealing simulator time for a friend who claims to be a relative (who then runs around with a fake Batavia ID going around airports claiming to be a Batavia crew to crews from other airlines), and instructing for that so called "relative" for at least 100hrs does not get you fired !!!!!!!!!! Even after being caught red handed with all the simlogs and other evidence!

I have a few colleagues in there who are out of ideas on how to get fired out of there, thanks to the contract they're in (doesn't include ability to refuse to fly an non-dispatch-able aircraft with passengers on board). The rule there is, you leave before the end, you PAY (and pay a lot), or you stay till the end of the contract... in the meantime, accept whatever condition the company gives you.

Some of you might think this is a local vs expat kind of thing, but here's my question... would you fly in the monsoon with someone who's already done 1475 hours this year to date on a 5th leg of the day at dusk?

So, CFM56, is that 4K USD for 100hrs all in (as in the total you receive each month) for left seat ???? If so, man, you areshort changed. Mind you, you seem to like it! Good on ya! I'll have lunch with my colleagues (locals) with 9K for 95hrs at a local non-government owned airline and we'll drink to your fortunes!

Skycruiser1, the choice is yours buddy. Who knows, I or CFM56 might be telling you porky pies... or maybe both of us are...