PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Nov 2009, 18:22
doishquattroserche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK ,let's try to have a think outside the box.Now all it quietly children,yes ,you at the back! then i'll begin.
The ceo (willie wash at present ,but whoever it is) wakes up one morning ,his biggest creditors call in a large cash sum,the next fuel bill/contract goes unpaid and the company is bankrupt. Not likely but just supposing .A venture capitalist comes in ,suggest the there may be a future for a similar buisness but insists on certain principals. Min LEGAL flight crew compliments and the same for cabin crew. NBO as 2 pilots ,DEL with 8 cabin crew .This would be still far easier than a SSH there and back which my pal in TUI has just done . Flight crew drive a complicated machine safely ,we are customer service in the air,the CAA safety part of our job(the legal part) can be taught in days.
What would be the market rate for us cabin crew in this circumstance ,15K all in ,maybe 20?
For pilots ,maybe 40k for an f/o and 60K a skipper ,others would go east with their useful qualifications. Would any airline east of clacton be calling out for our services,think about it.....Less than 60K in charge of a jumbo and i'd expect the insurers would be having kittens,not so with cabin crew.
Not anyones fault but a long haul aircraft with lots of seats makes flight crew costs easier to bear (they become more efficient) but does not really reduce the focus on cabin crew costs.
Vote and leave if the decision is not to your liking ,i will.The various issues ive read about losing your house are probably that you have been greedy in the boom times,haddly a reason to suggest "bringing down" a blue chip PLC .
Go easy out there........

Last edited by doishquattroserche; 8th Nov 2009 at 18:33.