PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Nov 2009, 17:37
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTW

I do, however, believe one of the Balpa reps has very recently suggested that you (that's a general "you") , keep your opinions about cabin crew negotiations to yourself.

That sounds like sterling advice so maybe a good time to take a few steps back and have a reflect? Peace.
Well, as the Crew Forum and the BASSA forum are full of how 'BALPA rolled over', 'The pilots gave in because they get their money back later', etc. I feel that trying to silence someone on a public forum with 'BALPA advised' is, somewhat, ironic.

BASSA is advocating industrial action that could severely damage the company I work for. What I fail to understand is what BASSA are gunning for? What I would like to know is what, casting aside BASSA's rhetoric, BASSA are acceptable to change over? What will the Cabin Crew Union do to assist the company to change for the future? How does BASSA, in the public eye, justify retaining the over inflated payments that LH pays?

Surely, as an employee of the company you, as a Union, are so hell bent on destroying, you owe the rest of us 'roll over and take it' dogs an explanation as to where we went wrong?

WTP, as I said earlier, I wouldn't question you (if you are flight crew???) on Balpa's settlement and no, I'm not going to get into the ins and outs of what Bassa are up to.
The forums described above have been alive with opinions as to what BALPA/Pilots should have done, some of which have been neither pretty or physically possible. BALPA negotiated within the time frame available and thus had influence on what changes/savings were made.

BASSA have neglected to take the same opportunity. Now, when imposition comes, BASSA cries foul.

So, again, what gives BASSA the right to think they can dictate the futures of all those working for BA who are not in BASSA?

Oh, and I think I can make my own mind up as to whether or not I wish to discuss this matter on a public forum. Sorry, but educated discussion will continue.