PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Nov 2009, 16:41
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTW

This being a cabin crew thread, why do so many of you who clearly aren't cabin crew make it your mission to try and have your views heard? It won't affect any future outcome and just serves to widen any divide between BA flight crew and cabin crew (of course, that's assuming some of you actually are flight-crew and not wannabees)?
My bold.

This is why many posters get 'annoyed' at some, albeit a minority, of the posts in this thread and attempt to bring the real world into the 'lala lady' world of BASSA.

If you go back through this thread you will find several incidents of 'Bring BA down',' I would rather see the company fail than work for this' etc.

THIS makes it the interest of not only Cabin Crew but everone who works for BA. THIS makes it important that everyone has the option to make their opinion heard. BASSA does not have the power nor the right to bring the company down and 26,000 other employees have the right to jobs.

Until that changes discussion will continue. Remember that CC training, as required by the CAA, only takes a few days, the service might not be 'slick' but the company will continue.

edit:

It won't affect any future outcome and just serves to widen any divide between BA flight crew and cabin crew
There only exists a divide between those who wish to push and promote it. I, personally, get on very well with the CC I meet but, as the old idiom goes, you can't please all of the people all of the time.