PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Nov 2009, 16:06
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No I think I can see the difference but it is exactly that difference that the company is talking about.

Why does a crew member at Heathrow earn so much more than a crew member at Gatwick for, essentially, the same job?

If the working conditions are so dire then why has BASSA allowed such conditions at LGW but baulks when they come to LHR?

Cost cutting started when BA rationlised LGW and BASSA, by allowing it to happen back then, has shot itself in the foot. BA cannot continue to operate in this century with pay deals rooted in the last.

Change is coming, BASSA LOST the injunction, otherwise crew wouldn't be working the new routines from the 16th. They have a hearing in February but that was always going to be the case based upon the fact that the injunction was a 'rush' due to the time frame as the imposition was about to take place (after 9-10 months of fruitless negotiation). Whether or not BASSA win the hearing is a long shot that I wouldn't take a punt on.

Unite/Bassa 100%? As long as you don't take into account your LGW colleagues who you have ostracised years ago.

Edit:

Please explain WHAT, exactly, makes LHR crew worth so much more than LGW crew? Please?