PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Nov 2009, 15:26
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allowances

The people who, funny old thing, would lose out from an hourly rate because it is FAIR.
We would all lose out on an hourly rate on Eurofleet at the moment just like our Flight Crew colleagues have - who could have predicted a one for one exchange rate with the Euro? And that is the trouble with a rate independent of the local cost of living, cheaper to administrate no doubt but would be more workable if the UK became a Euro zone.
Firstly we (FC) negotiated a while ago to have some of the allowances rolled in to our basic
Not an option ever offered to us.
the hundreds of crew trying to defraud HMRC by collecting handfulls of receipts from the coffee shop and submitting them.
There were rather a lot of pilots collecting receipts too!
Secondly we (FC) actually took the tax exercise seriously.
SO DID I, in fact the weight of responsibilty felt quite large for that period and I did the best job I could.
you can never , ever, EVER have a sensible discussion with CC about hourly rate because they have been brainwashed by the very people who are supposed to represent them.
I am not surprised they don't want to talk to you FlexSRS if you approach the debate with that attitude; you are welcome to discuss it with me civilly anytime you like
Now that I've got that lot off my chest I can enjoy my Sunday