PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Nov 2009, 10:13
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would appear that the same discontent that there was with BASSA back then is apparent now. What a pity that CC89 did not manage to stay independent.
Exactly BeerDrinker. Amicus told it's members that after the first BA proposal, they had prepared a counter proposal, NEGOTIATING on many of the items. BASSA however came in with a completely NEW proposal and that was put forward. AMICUS did not have the strength or stamina to go to UNITE and say "Hang on a minute....we don't agree with that." If they had and had been able to negotiate around the first BA proposal, we would all be in a very different place right now.

AMICUS is weak. It has lost it's independance and it is now meaningless as it has proved it has no voice whatsoever within UNITE. The one saving grace is that AMICUS members will probably VOTE NO to industrial action, as they are by nature, non-militant. And then AMICUS will have to split from BASSA as they will not be able to strike. Not sure if UNITE have thought that far ahead yet.

Oh and about the flyers yesterday in the briefing rooms, can anyone answer the following:
If I apply to a court for a temporary injunction and the temporary injunction is denied, would that be victory or failure???

Anyway, I watched in amusement as the rest of the crew in my briefing read the flyers, then put them down without saying a word. Must have been part of the silent majority. Times are changing. This Union is dying. People have had enough of the bullying, the lies, and in particular the non-negotiation. People want to keep their jobs, and enjoy coming to work, without this unnecessary tension hanging over us.

If you want a job next year, you must VOTE NO and then Resign from the Union.

UNITE 0% (TorC - lmfao!)

Last edited by HiFlyer14; 8th Nov 2009 at 10:34.