PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2009, 06:38
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by potash
I have never understood BHX management and their complete lack of marketing skills. I run a business in the Cannock / Hednesford area and I would hazard a guess that eight out of ten people who live in that area fly from Manchester.

Only the other day a customer said he was off to Brisbane to see his brother. When I asked where he was flying from he said probably Heathrow. When I asked why he didn't chose BHX he said he did not realize he could fly from there.

I even emailed BHX about the total lack of awareness in the area and of course I never got a reply. And we wonder why airlines are moving out.

Cannock is about 30 miles from BHX.
Always been a mystery to me as well. Marketing are always off on junkets to Travel agents conventions and other trade shows. It seems to me that they miss the important target i.e the potential passengers by a country mile.
What they need is the Cillit Bang or Safetstyle double glazing type adds to suit the new bottom of the barrel type industry. These should be played constantly in all target areas until it's in ingrained into the mind that from BHX you can fly anywhere. Even if it's not direct it will probably be quicker than a trek to LHR.
Having said that, it's not the reason airlines are moving out...More to do with the economic hicup!!