PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB hires Ejet Direct Entry Captains
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2009, 11:57
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Fathom, either you need lessons in basic comprehension or maybe I was obscure, for which I apologise.
The operative word in all that I originally said is 'should'. I gave typical suitable experience for a jet command for a 'competent' pilot. In my second post I qualified my version of suitable experience - although it should not have been necessary - as very few pilots get 1000 Metro and 500 jet without some other initial experience. While qualifying my first post I added that certain individuals are genetically unsuited to command no matter what hours they lay claim to. These are my opinions, not based on science but based on checking and training of a wide range of pilot skill levels and backgrounds over about the last 40 years.
What originally sparked this debate is that it seems only 'old mates' with a few hours on type gained with another (now deservedly defunct) operator are being given DEC presumably because out of all the existing DJ first officers, none are deemed suitable for upgrade and presumably out of all the DJ Embraer captains insufficient are suitable to take on check and training roles.
I have no axe to grind in this - in fact I could not give a flying fcuk what happens at DJ - but this one triggered my anti-bullsh!t meter.
No further debate from this white man.