PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 6th Nov 2009, 17:12
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ottergirl
We already have another union (helped to set up by BALPA) that is generally not militant and who always ballots its members by post before making any decisions on our behalf. Many of us joined it post 1997 dispute because we wanted a different style of representation. I'm thinking a third union might be too many.
Personally, I think the problem that a lot of us have, not just with bassa, but also with cc89, is that they both are now under the auspices(sp?) of Unite. Sadly, when I was looking to change from one to the other, I found both now appear to simply peddle the same rhetoric.

I would very much welcome a new, independant, non-millitant, sensible, constructive, understanding and involved union ..... maybe something more along the lines of a Works Council. An outfit that works WITH the airline, not AGAINST it. Membership criteria would probably have to be set a bit higher than merely being employed as CC .... it would need a degree of commitment to understand that not every issue needs to result in a battle.

I appreciate that my wish may appear a little fancyful, but I feel that until such time that there is a fundamental change in the way relationships run between BA and its Employees and vice-versa (faults on both sides) none of us is ever going to get anywhere.

TorC

BASSA 0% / CC89 0% / UNITE 0%