PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 6th Nov 2009, 16:12
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the 777 crew thing is true...I know this because my brother spends much of his rostered month on the 777.

The thing that really gets me is the deifference in pay between LHR and LGW crews. What idiot was incharge of contracts the day this bizarre scenario came about?

HiFlyer14 - Good on you for having some real sense and an understanding grasp of whats really going on. Nice to see, and I mean that really sincerely! I'm sick of hearing about how bad the BA CC are for all this strike action. I known for some time that in reality a large proportion of crew never wanted any of this militant strike s**t! The sooner a new, modern, informed and realistic union is formed with members like yourself at the helm the better. BA aside for a moment; the whole industry is on its knees and the last thing any of us need if this rubbish. Many many of my friends are stacking shelves in Tesco this evening whilst holding CPL/IR's looking for their first flying job so the moaners won't get an awful lot of sympathy from me. Back to BA, the company simply cannot productively focus its best efforts on the ever increasing fight for survival until rediculous distractions like this are put to bed.

Please please do NOT go on strike. You will only end up damaging the airlines and ultimately yourselves and when all's said and done the self important UNION 'leaders' in the UNITE office will just get what they want....a good fight with the evil company!!!!