PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2009, 15:01
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that they will train me all over again in Australia and i will be making around 5000 USD if i am not wrong for over 4 years etc
Not quite sure what you meant here but I hazard a guess that you mean you will make 5000USD per month on a year 4 SO salary right? If so then yes, thereabouts.

TGIG, I think you were looking a little too far ahead because a lot of these kids will come to their senses and leave if it ever got to a point where as a FO, they were on less than a DESO and if Captain, less than a DEFO. They wouldn't stay. You are right. It will definately get to you. It may take them 4 years as an SO and 2 years as a JFO before they can leave or have unfrozen their license but afterwards, they will leave.

I'm confident however that with ongoing talks, they will get a housing allowance to keep them sweet. Nothing like a DESO but an allowance all the same. Talks started a month back I believe.

I think though from what I have read that your target audience is wrong - in the sense that the meany respondees here will never get in.

The international cadets who are applying/have been accepted are ex-doctors, accountants, lawyers-to name a few professions. And these guys are looking at a pay decrease that will take more than 5 years to get up to their current salaries. I am confident with this sort of calibre, they have done more than enough research and fully understand the implications. I for one do support them and wish them luck.

There are things in the pipeline for getting allowances so I suggest the "holier-than-thou I don't need allowance to get my dream job fantasists" stop spouting as you aren't really helping!

Last edited by betpump5; 6th Nov 2009 at 15:15.