PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2009, 11:01
Centre cities

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pax Impact

I would say that Olton Pete in the absence of official figures would be close. It depends on several things inmy opinion.

It depends on which routes operate and which do not.

Spanish routes are covered by Ryanair and Monarch. If they put additional flights on in the peak season when demand is high not a lot there, the brand loyalty to Baby or any airline I would say is low, it is price driven, with less flights the price may increase leaving some pax to look elsewhere.

Domestic wise I bet they keep the Belfast, Glasgow and Edi if they go again not a lot lost as BE are the masters on these routes, same with Aberdeen which is regional at the moment, if GLA and EDI go regional with a better schedule again not a lot of differance and may be better.

That leaves Barcelona, operating from EMA, so no chance of that running and Amsterdam which is mostly point to point traffic, again increased costs but KLM are available. Prauge ditto Ryaniar

Knock is operating from EMA so I bet it wont from BHX but I would be suprised if someone dint take that up.

The other summer French routes I think not a chance of operating but not a lot of difference there.

I wonder what they will do with the large dedicated Baby check in area, that wont be needed and will become a waste of space for 9 or so flights a day max.

If the aircraft flew 4 sectors per day thats 32 arrivals/departures missing which will affect the ground staff more than anyone else, and of course thats the same number of movements revenue lost to the airport.

Olton Pete over to you.

Centre cities