PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 6th Nov 2009, 10:20
7Heroes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many BA employees are inward looking at the moment.These events of the last few days will soon be surplanted with the requirement for furthur savings and job cuts, and that will happen very soon.The airline is losing money at a unsustainable rate.A loss of £400 million last year,a loss of near to £450 million this year.10 years ago our turnover was just under £8 billion .Today it is 4.1 billion.By the time we get around to 1st Feb the onboard crew changes will be a thing of the past.There will be no trial.Events will have overtaken Bassa .They will be firefighting so many proposed changes.And I think all depts will have to accept furthur changes if BA is to survive .The price of oil is still below $100 but as all the economies eventually come out of recession (2010/20110) this will be another huge headache for BA.They will have also announced the size of the pension deficit by Feb/Mar but already there are estimates that it is in the order of £2.5 - £3.5 billion.I have only 7 years left to go in BA and for the first time in my career I sense that BA might actually not be around much longer.I want it to be around not only for me but for present and future employees as well.I hope the cabin crew can accept these changes and move on.There are bigger challeges to come for us all.