PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For International Cadets.
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2009, 10:02
boquera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree (although using less strong words) with FL999. This type of thing is at the moment the only way to go for most people including myself. I simply cannot afford it and don't come from an affluent enough family in which i can get someone to help me out. Im trying everything in my disposal at the moment.

The people who say things like politically blonde (this isnt a personal attack btw) don't take into account personal circumstances. Il be honest, at the moment I don't have a job but even if I did to get to the level that this offers it would take me a hell of a lot of years as I would have living expenses etc to pay for myself.

It is impossible to get a loan to cover this from banks otherwise I would be flying with FTE (actually would be sat around waiting for a job but thats not the point!!!!!) as I went for their interview and passed it. I also went for the CTC interview when they were still offering unsecured loans but failed and by the time they asked me to come back they stopped that. I also went for the GAPAN scholarship but wasn't successful, I even shelled out on a class 1 medical for the pleasure (£330+ isn't a small amount when u have no income!). Also applied for Etihad but was too late.

So getting round to it, saying that you would find a way is nonsense and it actually annoys me when people say that kind of stuff. Im not normally the type of person who rants about this type of post but felt like i had to say something after watching this thread develop.

now where's the bar. I'm mighty thirsty after all that typing!