PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK's Search and Rescue network to be maintained
Old 5th Nov 2009, 21:31
500e

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LB Do you think all change is good,
Would you rather float about in the oggin for say 20 minutes flying time from say Chiv or an hour + from some other base remembering survival times in the English Channel.
There is a training requirement for the service personnel, if so why give a private Co Public money to do a job with a lesser degree of cover, either they can do the job to the same standard or they cant, if not why are we even discussing it.
You can bet as soon as privatised there will be a Co spokesperson saying that is not what was agreed sub section 6. para 8. line 3. we take that to mean something entirely different, and with the governments track record it will cost us dear.

PS I have been in the channel in winter its f***ing cold after 10\15 minutes could not stop shivering or hardly stand when I was pulled out, by the boys on the boat (my alarm went off as I hit water they dropped sail & hit MOB button started motor and did fig 8 pattern still don't know how they found me)
I fell of, my fault safety line not clipped on, 1Hr + don't think I would here

Last edited by 500e; 6th Nov 2009 at 20:23.